Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mom's birthday

This year for mom's birthday, we traveled to connecticut and went to the wadsworth to see the monet exhibit.  this was raph's and my first time back at the wadsworth since we were married!  and it was henry's first time there, ever! 

The exhibit itself was sort of a surprise, although as soon as we approached hartford, mom guessed.  What she did not guess, however, is that grandma was coming, too.


Of course, no trip to connecticut would be truly complete without a visit to the REAL WHALE. 
(years back, upon seeing the then-new whale at the natural history museum, I expressed my extreme displeasure to raph that the museum did not acquire a "real" whale.  when raph said it was impractical, I informed him that even the little west hartford children's museum had one.  when I finally took raph to see said "real" whale, he laughed for days.)



Later, we all convened at the oyster bar to celebrate mom's 29th birthday.
Henry assists with blowing out the candles

The next day we went to New York, where we met Jeff & Michelle for an elegant brunch at Jean George's nougatine.


The following weekend, Raphael and I had an all expense paid trip to NYC while dad watched Henry at our home.  We had a fantastic time.



Click HERE for a link to the rest of our pictures