Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to blogging

I can hardly believe it, but it's been a full year since we've been back in the good ol' U. S. of A. This year has brought a lot of excitement for us. A lot of continuing "firsts" for Henry, a new home, a new town (aptly named Newtown), lots of new friends, and most recently, a new job for me! (first week was great!)

During these myriad transitions, we've let a few things fall to the wayside, such as managing our pictures. That's not to say that we haven't been taking pictures. (And yes, everyone, I know we still haven't set up our skype. That is because we still haven't set up our office, but it is on our seemingly never ending, ever expanding to-do list). One item that has been on our to do list a long time is to upload our photos. Yesterday we spent a truly glorious day at the beach, and I took some fab pictures of our growing little man enjoying the sand and surf. I couldn't wait to share them with family and friends, and so last night, we started going through old pictures.

When I came back from Luxembourg, several of you "avid" readers expressed disappointment that I was ending the blog. I explained that when we were in europe, not to mention with a new baby, I felt that I had actual adventures to share. It was also a great way to keep in touch. It felt somewhat ridiculous or egocentric to continue a blog just about our day to day life, minus the glamor of europe. But since then, I've seen some great blogs of friends that are about just that- day to day life with their kids, and I've been mulling over attempting to give it a go again. In short, although we're not in europe, it still seems like an efficient and fun way to stay in touch and share photos discretely.

So welcome back to my readers- namely mom and dad :)