I'm so excited... tomorrow night we are going to "Buergbrennen"- an old Luxembourgish tradition celebrated on the first Sunday of Lent to mark the end of winter. And what exactly is "Buergbrennen?" To celebrate, they burn a figure on a giant cross.... No, I'm not kidding. Google it. Better yet- search google images. We first learned about it when we received a flyer in the mail which was an "invitation" from the local firefighters. It has a picture of this burning cross on it, so I saved it to show to Raph, thinking it was funny. Then Raph heard about it at work, and learned that it is a really big deal here. So.... we're going to go! Hooray for cross burning in Luxembourg!!
I will definitely let you know how it goes on my next post.
Today we went to Metz, France. It was really nice; there was a beautiful cathedrale with amazing stained glass. We also participated in a modern "art" project where we froze in postition for 5 minutes. (we saw this done in grand central station before. or read about it- can't remember if we actually saw it). We froze in a kiss- a very pleasent way to spend 5 mintues. We may even have made it onto the local french news. More on Metz to come in a future post.
Okay, it is past midnight here, and I'm going to bed- but I just had to tell you about Buergbrennen in the meantime.