Sunday, February 15, 2009

Welcome to our Blog!

Hello and welcome to our blog! As someone who has resisted various internet phenomenons, such as friendster, facebook, and now twitter, I really never thought I'd have a blog... but here I am. I suppose necessity is the mother of invention, because it is the necessity of staying in touch with all of you that has caused me to "invent" this blog. (no, I did not invent blogging.).

The title of the blog, "Henry in Lux," is really what I intend to feature on this blog: sharing our updates and stories about (1) Henry and (2) our adventures in and around Luxembourg. I also occasionally may throw in a link to an article or news item that interests me. Really, this blog is mostly to share pictures and anecdotes, so we don't feel so far.

Let me assure you what this blog is decidedly not. I will not become one of those mothers who tells you about every poop or spit bubble that Henry makes, however miraculous and lovely they may appear to me. (I cannot resist, however, telling you that as I type, Raph is holding Henry and has made up a tune with the words "farts are okay" and is singing it to Henry. The reason for this song is Henry's apparent gas pain, and I am very grateful that Raph is managing this episode. Which reminds me, my admiration of Raph's superb fathering skills will undoubtedly be a theme in this blog, as well.).

I hope you will participate in this blog by adding your comments and links. I also hope this blog will not be a substitute for staying in touch in other mediums, like skype. Please don't forget that just because I am updating you about what we are up to, I still want to hear updates from you!

love, Jill