I am so excited that I found this on youtube to be able to share it with you. This may be my best discovery in Luxembourg so far. Ever since we arrived here, there has been this song on the radio that I seriously can't get over. And I can't get out of my head. I recognized the lyrics immediately- it's an old rap song with fairly raunchy lyrics. But the version that is on the radio here is an acoustic version. It's like Busta Rhymes meets Eric Clapton (although this song includes neither of them), and it is totally brilliant. (disclaimer: mom and dad, I doubt you will enjoy this as much as I do).
Here is the acoustic version that I hear on the radio all the time. (warning: if you are watching at work, the video is a little racy). Speaking of the racy video, you really should not watch the video but just listen to the song to get the full effect that I get in the car over here. It's just this sweet sounding guy, strumming a little ditty on his guitar-- one that happens to be pretty dirty. When you watch the video, it kind of ruins it, because the racy video matches the raunch lyrics, so it's not as incongruous.
Here are the lyrics.
Here is the original version by 50 cent, featuring Justin Timberlake. (warning: this video is also racy). And I'm sorry, but this video only strengthens my resolve that JT is a total and complete tool. Like his little dancing behind 50. ew. (sorry michelle and beth).
Here is the webpage of Milow, the guy who does the acoustic version, which proudly boasts that this song is #1 on German iTunes.
Oh- and apparently there is no FCC in Europe. Or at least Luxembourg. Or at least they don't bleep out the swears on the radio here (or the TV for that matter). So the acoustic version is that much better.
Enjoy!