Thursday, March 26, 2009

Maxi Lammform

So excited. I bought this at the supermarket today. It is a mold of a sitting lamb to bake a cake in. It's 3-D. And it's called "Maxi Lammform." The name is the best part. The picture here really doesn't do it justice. The picture of the completed lamb cake on front of the box is really funny. When I finally bake a cake in it, I will take a picture to show you.

The other best part is that last weekend, my mother-in-law introduced me to instant cake mix. Instant like how you can get cookie dough in the US. You don't even have to mix in the eggs and the oil, etc. You just pour it into the pan and bake it. Fortunately, I found some at the supermarket here, and got some to use with my Maxi Lammform.

Now, the cake mix I got was chocolate, and although there are black sheep, I really wanted to make a white sheep. Plus that is how they show it on the box. So I got some powdered sugar. Guess what the name for powdered sugar is. Are you ready? Sugar Impalpable. How great is that?

As an aside, since we have arrived, I have insisted to Raph that German is fairly easy to understand if you just read the words out loud and have the tiniest bit of context. Lammform. Case in point. Of course, this has evolved into a joke that I am fluent in German, so Raph is often demanding that I "translate" random German signs.

That is all. Will keep you posted about how the Maxi Lammform works out.