Our first stop was a little art gallery that we like along the Seine, where, several years ago, we purchased a work by Mikio Watanabe (if you click on catalogue, it's the one with the lizard and moth from 2003 collection). This time, we came very close to purchasing this print by Lynn Shaler but ultimately decided against it. Instead, we bought some Babar prints on the street.
We continued our day walking over to Notre Dame, along with the rest of the entire touristic world. We decided that given our recent visits to the cathedrals of Metz and Reims, we might as well go tour Notre Dame again, to have a recent comparison of the others. I don't think I've been inside Notre Dame since 1999. Or maybe 2001. All in all, I think of the 3 cathedrals, the stained glass at Metz is the best, while the architecture at Notre Dame may be the best. Yet Reims may be my favorite.
Along our promenade, we stopped in several cute stores, including some comic book stores and an oh-so-precious baby store that carried designer baby clothes, like burberry and armani. If I had a daughter, I would definitely get this dress. Okay, maybe I wouldn't definitely get it, but I would be quite tempted.
Our day together ended at a little cafe in St. Germain where we got a perfect table, in the sun, in the front. I got a snack of a green bean salad, which, although it sounds mundane, was really delicious and completely hit the spot.
pictures from the cafe
Later that evening, we went out to dinner with Joanna, Alex, Alena, Maman et Papa to celebrate my birthday. Thankfully, someone thought ahead and booked us a private little room in the back of the restaurant, because neither Alena nor Henry were too happy to be out to dinner. The evening ended with a chocolate mousse cake with a sparkler on top (unfortunately I don't have a picutre of this). I also got some fab presents. merci beaucoup encore!!!!
So there you have it. The details of our day in paris, from Notre Dame right down to my green bean salad. Here is a link to our pictures from saturday- as usual there are many cute ones of Henry. You must must must watch the video at the end of all the pictures where Henry is laughing. It is too cute to miss.