Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brugge!

Hello adoring fans. So sorry that I haven't written in a bit. Henry came down with a cold, and I just haven't had the time.

So, last weekend we went to Brugge, Belgium, which was gorgeous. It is just such a quaint, picturesque, old European town. It's called the Venice of the North, on account of the canals. We took a ton of pictures- here is the link. Our hotel was really nice, very well located in the city, and surprisingly well priced for how nice it was, so if you ever go to Brugge, stay there. It was called Hotel Patritius.

Somewhat related, I recently watched the movie, "In Brugge". Good movie if you haven't seen it. There is a scene where they refer to Brugge as a city that is "like a f-ing fairytale." So all weekend Raph was asking me if I felt like I was in a f-ing fairytale. Actually, I did. It is like a f-ing fairytale there!

It's late here, and I'm exhausted, but I wanted to at least post our pictures.

Tomorrow we are going to Paris for Passover, and then we are taking a proper vacation and spending 5 days, 4 nights in the Loire valley, France to visit les chateaus. I'm tres excited. It's sort of a joint belated birthday trip. (Raph's birthday fell less than 1 week before we were set to move over here, so we are both due for a proper birthday celebration with each other).

Here is my new favorite photo, taken in the hotel when we first arrived:


So, no more postings till we're back next week. Happy Passover and Easter everyone!