Friday, April 17, 2009

Curse you, Maxi Lammform!!

Remember the Maxi Lammform that I wrote about a few weeks ago? It is a cake pan that bakes a 3-D lamb. Well now that Passover is over, I was craving something leavened- specifically cake. So I decided to surprise Raphael and make the Maxi Lammform tonight!

Here were the sad results:






As you can see, the first problem was that there was not enough batter to fill the pan. I was hoping for extreme leavening, to fill out the difference, but no such luck. The second problem is that when I opened the pan, I split the lamb in half! Baaaah! (pun intended).

I really may be one of the worst bakers in the world. In high school, I tried to make a birthday cake for a friend, and when I impatiently frosted it before it was fully cooled, the whole top of the cake ruptured. So I put some toy cars on it and said it was an earthquake cake. It was actually pretty funny (or I thought so) but the point is that my baking is borderline pathetic!! But I think I get props for trying: when Raph was in business school I baked 400 madeleines for the Stern International day for the French table. 400! And mind you, the pans only have 12 madeleines each, so you do the math of how many batches I did. If I do say so myself, those came out pretty good. Ah well. At least the Maxi Lammform tastes good.