Friday, April 24, 2009

To finish up the castles...

This week has been a little hectic, so apologies that I haven't been up to date on my postings. I'm getting a little tired of all the castles, as I'm sure you are as well, so let's just finish them up for good here.

Here is a link to our pictures from Azay Le Rideau, a very beautiful castle which may have been my second favorite. Notably, my two favorites were on the water.

in front of Azay le Rideau

And here is a link to our pictures from Blois, another castle.

Detail from Blois


"King Henry" on the royal throne at Blois

Finally, here is a link to pictures basically from 3 different destinations: (1) a castle, Usse, which was the castle that inspired the author of Sleeping Beauty; (2) an abbey, Fontevraud; and (3) Brou, a castle that has been converted to a hotel, where we stayed.

Usse, castle that inspired Sleeping Beauty

Chateau de Brou, our second hotel

So there you have it. Our trip to the Loire Valley Castles, in many installments. In the end, I think we saw about a dozen castles from the outside, and toured about 9 of those. I hope you enjoyed coming along on our vacation.