Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gouda and Kinderdjik

On our way home from Amsterdam we stopped at Gouda and Kinderdjik. Gouda is a cute town where the cheese comes from, and according to our guidebook, is pronounced Hoo-da. So now when you eat gouda cheese, please call it by its correct name. We had lunch there, and Raph ordered "cheese souffles" which were about as unlike the french variety as you can get. Instead of fluffy baked egg creations, they were basically large mozzarella cheese sticks, but in a patty size and shape, and with gouda instead of mozzarella.

Kinderdjik is an area famous for its windmills. Personally I don't get what the big deal is about windmills. I don't find them particularly pretty or interesting. I guess I'm in the minority. However I do think that Raph's photos of the windmills are great, so I guess he can make any subject pretty.


Here's a link to the rest of our photos.