Saturday, June 13, 2009

Country Music Hour

Of course I have to come to Luxembourg to experience country music.... Raphael is playing in a soccer tournament today (against other companies), so if I wanted to use the car, I had to drive him. On the way home, I tuned into the ex-pat radio station that I usually listen to, and was treated to the Country Music Hour. Here are the lyrics to the songs that I heard. Now I remember why I don't like country music.

First Song, by Brad Paisley, and link to the video:
"Sittin' on a bench at West Town Mall
He sat down in his overalls and asked me
You waitin' on a woman
I nodded yeah and said how 'bout you
He said son since nineteen fifty-two I've been
Waitin' on a woman

When I picked her up for our first date
I told her I'd be there at eight
And she came down the stairs at eight-thirty
She said I'm sorry that I took so long
Didn't like a thing that I tried on
But let me tell you son she sure looked pretty
Yeah she'll take her time but I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

He said the wedding took a year to plan
You talk about an anxious man, I was nervous
Waitin' on a woman
And then he nudged my arm like old men do
And said, I'll say this about the honeymoon, it was worth it
Waitin' on a woman

And I don't guess we've been anywhere
She hasn't made us late I swear
Sometimes she does it just 'cause she can do it
Boy it's just a fact of life
It'll be the same with your young wife
Might as well go on and get used to it
She'll take her time 'cause you don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

I've read somewhere statistics show
The man's always the first to go
And that makes sense 'cause I know she won't be ready
So when it finally comes my time
And I get to the other side
I'll find myself a bench, if they've got any
I hope she takes her time, 'cause I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

Honey, take your time, cause I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman"

Here is the second song, entitled "She's a hottie" by Toby Keith:
She's sittin' by the water where the river gets wide,
think about swimming to the other side,
Got a Malboro red, and a can of cold Bud
toes squished down in the Arkansas mud,

Hey Mister! Yeah, I kissed her.
Son, you ought to see her sister!
You've got to give a little something to a cool dark cat,
finding him a woman who could shake like that,

Hottie, she's a Hottie! Got a smokin' little body
String bikini and a barbed-wire tat (tattoo)
She's rockin' that cowboy hat
Hottie, she's a Hottie! And just a little bit naughty
Kayay digidigy, Kayay digidigy, yey Hey hey hey Hey

She's slappin' down a dam
where the moss gets thick,
yellin' Yee Haw! she's a redneck chick,
spittin' in the fire, puttin' on a show,
struttin like a chicken to the radio,
Hey Slick! She's a hick!
hmmm and her butter milk lipstick
give a little something to a cool dark cat,
finding him a woman who could shake like that,

Hottie, she's a Hottie! She got a smokin' little body
String bikini and a barbed-wire tat (tattoo)
She's rockin' that cowboy hat
Hottie, she's a Hottie! And just a little bit naughty
Singing Kayay digidigy,
Kayay digidigy, yey Hey hey hey Hey

Dress her up boys, I took her from the farm,
I brought her downtown, I hung her on my arm,
you've got to give a little somethin' to a cool dark cat,
finding him a woman who could walk like that!
She's a Hottie, she's a Hottie! She's got a smokin' little body
String bikini and a barbed-wire tat (tattoo)
She's rockin' that cowboy hat

Hottie, she's a Hottie! And just a little bit naughty
Kayay digidigy, Kayay digidigy, yey
Singing Kayay digidigy, Kayay digidigy
yey hey Hey hey Hey


Singing Kayay digidigy, Kayay digidigy, Yey Hey hey Hey