Hi y'all. We're heading to Toulouse this weekend to visit Raph's grandmother for her birthday. We're staying with Raph's aunt, who is an artist and a lot of fun to be around. Very excited to get there, but totally dreading the trip. We have to drive 2 hours to brussels, then fly Ryan Air (Ugh!) to someplace near Toulouse, and then drive another hour and half to get to our final destination. Let's hope Henry cooperates. And based on what I've heard about Ryan Air, I'm not looking forward to it. Raph says it is the Chinatown Bus of airlines, and Jeff, who has flown it many times, confirms this description. We are only allowed two carry on bags: Henry's diaper bag and my purse. Period. Meanwhile, I bought mother's day presents for Raph's aunt and Grandma (mothers day is this weekend in france, next weekend in lux...) and a birthday present for his cousin, which are all somewhat fragile. So I basically had to totally empty my purse and make room for them. Had I only known I would have bought smaller, non fragile gifts. Needless to say, there were no direct flights from Lux to Toulouse, and any with connections were not only inconvenient but tres expensive. BLAH.
Okay enough complaining- as Raph says, "Always look on the bright side of life....." Anyway I suppose ryan air is a kind of rite of passage for those living in europe.
In other news, yesterday I bought henry some pajamas and sweat pants, both of which he desperately needs. Only problem was that all I could find were fairly ugly. As for pants, I found a cotton pair that are perfect, but the only color they come in is black. Not to mention that they are basically MC Hammer pants, as they taper at the ankle. And have a huge crotch area. The other pants I found were off white but they say "New School" on the tush. What? New School? I got them at Zara. Whatever. Neither will match anything Henry has, so they will have to be strictly for sleeping. As for pajamas, I found one cute pair at Zara. The other pair is a good french brand (petit bateau) and says in French, "I may be small but I'm sprouting like a mushroom." and has mushrooms all over it. its not so bad. but mushrooms? The third pair, raph agreed, was so ugly that I just have to return it.
That's all for now. have to finish getting ready.