Time for us to get packing. Both for our trip to budapest & prague, and to return to the good ole U.S. of A. Although we aren't leaving here until July 6, we are leaving for Budapest (by way of Paris, with a stop for Aaron's bris) this Thursday evening, and we don't return until Sunday the 28th. We are away the weekend of July 4/5 for Celine's wedding in Burgundy, so that doesn't leave much time at all for packing. I realized also that there was simply no way that I could get all the packing done while watching Henry. In the last few weeks, he has become increasingly mobile and increasingly wakeful. So, I had the opportunity to utilize the famed American Women's Club of Luxembourg, Mom & Tots club babysitting list.
Today I had a girl named Lauren come. She is about my age and a student at the University of Luxembourg, here from Malaysia. She was already a lawyer, but her half Malay, half French boyfriend is working here as a lawyer, so she decided to come and get a masters in financial and securities law. She was very nice, but didn't know much about babies. She kept saying things like, "it's really tiring, physically, to take care of babies!" In the end she confessed that this was her first real babysitting experience. (then how, praytell, did she end up on the AWCL babysitting list??) Anyway, she did the job, and as I said, she was nice, and most importantly Henry really liked her-- I just wish she had been a little more hands on. And believe me, it wasn't a case of me not letting her be- she really needed help with everything. Example:
Me: I think he needs his diaper changed.
Her: Really, he doesn't smell?
Me: Yeah, but he is probably wet.... pause.....pause..... pause.... (still me) Thats' okay, I'll do it.
Her: I've never changed a diaper before.
Me: Watch and learn....
Tomorrow Wiola (pronounced Viola) is coming. She is Polish. Just like my first nanny, Christina. (remember mom and dad, 'I show you to bake in future'!)
That's all. Henry is taking a rare nap, so back to packing for me!