Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Henry crawling

For those of you who I have spoken to recently, you know that Henry is on the verge of crawling. He can get from one point to another, but he does so by a combination of rolling and inching along like a little worm (or caterpillar, as Raph thinks is a nicer image). His progress is so subtle from day to day, that I have been waiting to declare that he can actually crawl. Today he took what I would consider his first "steps" of crawling. (Not steps, but what would you call it?). Today he moved in a straight line towards an object that he wanted, all the while on his hands and knees. Sometimes he would put his belly on the floor in between movements, but other than that, it was real crawling! He did this several times today! And then in the bath this evening, I noticed his knees were all red. So I really think it's just a matter of days until he really takes off. Perhaps not days, because I'm not sure how much time he'll have to practice his crawling while we are on our trip, so I should say a matter of days of practice, whenever they will be.

My baby is growing up!!!!!